List On The Importance Of Massage For Men
Neha looked at her phone. There was a message that said, “thank you Neha.” She let out a sigh of relief!
This message was from her husband, Arvind.
Over the past month, Arvind had been highly stressed and working round the clock. Neha was worried about him. She wanted him to relax, but a vacation break was totally out of the question.
Neha was a member of a massage spa in Bangalore near her house, where she went for her beauty treatments and massages. She decided to book a massage therapy for him also to help him relax.
When Neha told him about this, he first brushed it off. After repeated cajoling, he finally agreed to try it.
Neha was thrilled that he had liked the massage at the massage therapy spa.
Most people think massage at a spa is only for women. A massage can provide a lot of benefits to men too. Let us see what they are:
1. Stress reduction: Due to fast-paced lifestyles, men face increased stress. Massage helps in the release of feel-good hormones in the body like serotonin, which enhance the mood. Anxiety and stress relief are well-known effects of massage. It also helps improve depression and promotes a feeling of wellbeing.
2. Improves body flexibility: During a massage, the massager applies oil or lotion to the body and rubs, kneads, and stretches the body muscles and joints. This relieves stiffness and improves mobility in the joints and muscles. Scar tissue and muscle knots are also relieved. Overall, body flexibility and mobility are improved. Massage also helps body tissues to repair themselves.
3.Pain relief: Back and neck pain are common complaints of men who are in desk jobs. Massage therapy can help relieve these pains. Chronic conditions like fibromyalgia, arthritis, etc., can also cause pain, which massage addresses. Regular massage can improve elasticity and flexibility in the body and relieve all kinds of pain.
4. Recovery from sports injury: Many men like to play sports and can also injure themselves while doing so. Massages can aid recovery from muscle injuries and help the body parts get back to normal levels of functioning. Massage can decrease muscle soreness. Sports massage is highly beneficial to people playing sports to maintain flexibility and improve performance on the field.
5. Helps insomnia: Massage therapy helps relieve mental and physical stress. It also regulates the sleep hormone and the sleep cycle.
6. Cardiovascular benefit: Men are more prone to cardiovascular disease. There is evidence to show that massage can lead to a reduction in blood pressure. Massage reduces the level of the stress hormone cortisol in the body due to better circulation. It reduces stress which is a major cause of heart disease.
7. Improved circulation: The massage therapist rubs, stretches, pinches, and taps the body during massage therapy that improves circulation in the body. Improved blood circulation takes more oxygen and nutrients to the body tissues. Improved lymph circulation removes the toxic material from the body.
8. Increases immunity: Massages like aromatherapy uses essential oils which are great for improving the body’s resistance to seasonal ailments like colds and coughs. Improved circulation also removes the waste material and increases the blood flow in the body which improves immunity in the body.
9. Good skin and hair: The rubbing movement during the massage helps in removing the dead skin from the body surface and improving the tone and texture of the skin. Improvement of blood circulation causes the skin to become healthy. Massage can also give you healthy hair.
10. Regulates energy flow: A massage like Thai can help open up the energy channels in the body leading to improved energy flow in the body. This can improve the fitness and health of a man.
We have seen how massage can be beneficial for men too. Rather than being occasional, it should part of any man’s self-care routine.
So why not visit a massage centre in Bangalore to get a massage today. We would love to know your experience at the spa, do comment and let us know how it was.